ARTA aims to support communication and to build connections to help Romanian community members living in Ontario’s Golden Triangle area as well as to have links between the Romanians and Canadians in the greater community of the Waterloo Region.
ARTA adheres to the principles recognized in the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms, as well as other laws and traditional constitutional values in Canada.
The Association operates on democratic principles: promoting respect, understanding and solidarity among all people.
- Providing support for new immigrants to facilitate their integration in society and familiarize them with all aspects of life of Canada
- Helping community members by providing direct access to various information (e.g, financial, immigration, legal support, etc.).
- Promoting Romanian language, folklore and culture in the Romanian community of the Golden Triangle area
- Organizing cultural and social activities for seniors and pensioners Establishing and coordinating activities for children to attend a Romanian Sunday School connected to ARTA
- Strengthening relationships within the Romanian community by organizing cultural events and regularly scheduled social and sports events
- Printing publications which support and reflect the values of the Romanian community here in Canada
- Maintaining a dialogue with other Romanian cultural organizations, NGO and other governmental organizations
- Encouraging links among Romanian communities in Canada and connections with Romania and other European countries
- Promoting mutual understanding with other ethnic and cultural communities within the broader Canadian cultural mosaic.